Westboro Mortgage Investment Corp’s mandate is to generate a consistent and above average return on investments for shareholders through a professionally managed portfolio. Westboro MIC’s management team and mortgage underwriters have extensive professional experience in real estate and mortgages.
Key advantages and differentiating factors of the Westboro MIC include:
Diversification and Risk Reduction
- Focus is short duration, single family residential mortgages in the targeted geographic area
- Appropriate exposure to second and commercial mortgages, and modest leverage to improve return profile
- Strong, long-standing broker relationships help differentiate sourcing
- Typical mortgage term is one year; approximately 1/3 of the portfolio turns over annually
*Chart data as of Dec 31, 2021
Strong Deal Flow
- Growing asset base combined with strong service drives relationships with mortgage brokers, facilitating sourcing
- Deep knowledge of targeted real estate market enabling the identification of attractive mortgage opportunities
Highly Desirable Territory
- The Ottawa region has a resilient job market, stable real estate market and strong economic development
- Westboro is constantly expanding its investors geographic reach into promising economic regions throughout Central and South Western Ontario. Stability through diversification is a key focus to Westboro growth and a cornerstone of our investment success.