Manager/Director, Mortgage OperationsWestboro Mortgage Investment Corp Ottawa, ON Full-time
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical and Dental)
- Hybrid work arrangement
- 3 weeks vacation
- Company-wide December holidays
- Potential bonus based on individual contribution towards company goals
- Access to special class of employee LP units
Full Job Description
Westboro Mortgage Investment Corp., (WMIC) is locally owned and operated by professionals with extensive background in the mortgage industry. Specializing in Residential, Commercial and Construction Financing; the WMIC team prides itself on providing exceptional service and is committed to servicing the market across Ontario.
The WMIC team understands the importance of forming strong business relationships and maintaining high service levels to satisfy the brokerage community. Our team provides fast, knowledgeable, creative mortgage solutions to meet client’s needs.
The Manager/Director, Mortgage Operations will lead a team of mortgage administrators as a part of our Operations team. Reporting to the VP Operations, this role’s primary responsibility is to provide management of all mortgage operations, including monitoring, reviewing and providing assistance with all mortgage processing. This incumbent will require strong communication and leadership skills, and will be interacting with employees, customers, service providers, and mortgage agents/brokers.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, and/or economics is preferred — equivalent experience accepted.
• Advanced technical/computer skills. Must be proficient in excel.
• Exceptional understanding of the mortgage loan origination and administrative process along with a demonstrated knowledge of residential mortgage loan products as it pertains to the Mortgage Brokerage Industry.
• Proficient with mortgage origination software e.g., Filogix, Velocity, Dolphin.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Proven credit judgment, problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
• 5 years of experience in the mortgage industry, with min. 3 years of experience in a supervisory role in customer service, portfolio management, or operations.
• 2 years in Alternative/Private underwriting
• Recruit, hire and train staff (e.g., mortgage administrators, mortgage underwriters, mortgage processing team members, etc.).
• Motivate employees to work together and to become a well-rounded team.
• Monitor loan quality, and employee activities to ensure in alignment with company policies and procedures, and in compliance with corporate guidelines.
• Ensure all staff members follow company procedures, policies, and protocols.
• Support Business Development team and Finance and Accounting team with relevant reporting/data, to ensure company goals are met/exceeded.
• Generate and compile data from MIC software. Sort, compile specific analytics of the mortgage portfolio, to satisfy executive team requests.